Choosing a Brisbane Dog Motel
When choosing a Brisbane dog motel, there are many things to consider. You want your dog to be stay active and receive the proper nutrition and attention that is required. The best way to learn if a Brisbane dog motel is right for you and your dog is to get to know the staff. In order to provide the best possible care for your pet, dog motel staff must exhibit a few important qualities.
- Interactive. Dogs need to play! And no one should understand that better than the staff at a dog motel or pet resort like Acacia Ridge. Make an effort to meet the staff and watch them interact with their guest dogs. Do they play games with them, throw the ball, and provide a positive atmosphere? Or do they just let the clock run down as the dogs fend for themselves? These things make a big difference in the quality of your dog’s experience while you are away.
- Professional. Knowing that trained professionals are watching your dog is a huge relief for pet owners. If anything were to go wrong, it is important to be able to rely on your pet’s temporary caretakers to recognise, evaluate, and treat the problem in a timely manner.
- Loving. Dogs need love and affection as much as they need activity and interaction. The staff at your Brisbane dog motel should be natural animal lovers so they can provide your dog with the genuine care and admiration she deserves. Dogs can become physically sick or uncomfortable if they are neglected or ignored, so this characteristic might just be the most important one of all.
Find the Best Dog Accommodation in Brisbane
Is your dog used to a luxurious lifestyle? If so, don’t make them give it up for a week or two while you are on holiday. Find the best dog accommodation in Brisbane for your furry family member by locating a kennel like Acacia Ridge Pet Resort. They specialise in creating an atmosphere that is all about your dog’s comfort and happiness. Choose one of their luxury suites for your dog so he can enjoy his holiday as much as you will enjoy yours.
- Luxury bedding. Imagine a bed that is the perfect size and shape for your dog, and lined with polar fleece blankets which are washed and sanitised daily. Your dog can enjoy his private bed at any time of the day or night. If you your dog to have something familiar from home, go ahead and bring his blanket or toy along, but remember that it could get lost or damaged during his stay.
- LCD Television. What would a luxury dog accommodation in Brisbane be without a TV? At Acacia Ridge pet Resort, your dog will enjoy a variety of stimulating programs from the air conditioned atmosphere in her suite. When she tires of that, the staff will take her out for playtime and socialisation at least twice a day.
- Private grassed yard. Of course, she can always sniff and bark at her neighbour through the fence of her private, grassed yard. She can access this yard and pet-potty from her suite any time she wants, and enjoy the outdoors while remaining protected from the elements.
Should Your Dog Share Boarding Accommodations at a Dog Motel in Brisbane?
Once you have decided to find a dog motel in Brisbane for your pet while you are on holiday, there are a few decisions to be made. Every pet owner wants to ensure that their dog’s stay is comfortable and safe. Many pet resort facilities, like Acacia Ridge, will pair up your dog with another canine guest during their stay unless you specify otherwise. It is important to decide whether or not this living situation is right for your particular pet.
- Social or solo? You know your furry family member better than anyone else, so you are the best person to make this decision for them. Is your dog never happier than when he has a playmate around? Remember to consider that the routines of an entire day will be shared, not just an afternoon of play. Or is your pet more at ease when she has her personal space? Perhaps it would be better to request that she has daily social playtime with other dogs, but can come back to her living space and relax in peace.
- Friendly or feisty? It is also important to consider the guest pet your dog would get as a roommate. Is your dog friendly and playful with other dogs, or does he display aggressiveness at times? Is she more likely to be affectionate while you are away, or become defensive? It is essential to make sure both your dog and her roommate will have a great holiday at their dog motel in Brisbane.
Types of Brisbane Dog Accommodations
When you have to leave your pet behind for any reason, you want to ensure they stay happy and healthy. This can be accomplished by using a pet resort, as long as they have the specifications your pet needs. There are different types of Brisbane dog accommodations, so you should familiarise yourself with these and choose one that will work for you and your dog.
- Standard Kennels. At the Acacia Ridge Pet Resort, kennels for dogs are six and a half metres long and include both an indoor and outdoor play area that is completely sheltered. This is helpful as dogs can enjoy the outdoors even on rainy days. Pet beds are offered with comfortable blankets, and there is always fresh water available. Food and toys are also available, though you can bring your own food if you prefer. If you choose standard kennels, your pet will still get a lot of room to play and rest as they have two large, grassy areas to play, as well as a splash pool for hot days. Dogs are matched by temperament and size to play together, but solo playtime is also available.
- Luxury Suites. If your dog is accustomed to being pampered all the time, a luxury suite may be more suitable. These Brisbane dog accommodations offer many extras that you dog will enjoy, including luxury beds, private patios, air-conditioning, and television. These things help your dog feel more comfortable and relaxed, especially if they have all of these things at home.
The dog-loving staff at Acacia Ridge Pet Resort can help you choose the right options for your unique pet. Contact us today.